You can return new and unused product(s) within 14 days of making your purchase. We will give you a refund by the same method as your original payment for product(s) that are returned with proof of purchase in new and unused condition and, where applicable, the packaging. You can return any product, as long as it’s in re-saleable condition. Unless faulty, we may refuse the return or offer an exchange or gift card only if the returns criteria are not fully met.
We will refund the price you paid for the goods and credit the refund you are due to the credit, debit, PayPal or gift card that you made payment with. However, please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
NOTE *Custom made and specially ordered goods are not eligible for return or cancellation.
Cancellation or return of orders made online or via e-mail
Once you have placed your order you can cancel up until 14 days after the delivery date and we will provide a full refund.
How to cancel
If you would like to cancel your order, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. To do this you can call us on +353 (0) 74 91 34444 with your Order Acknowledgement email to hand. Alternatively you can notify us online through email, or by our live chat function, or by post to our Foy and Company Customer Care. Note that, international postal charges may apply. You can do this either in writing or by using our cancel my order email form. Please include your order number and clearly specify which product(s) you wish to return.
Returning your items
If you have already received your order, it needs to be returned to Foy and Company in full and in resalable condition before the refund is made. We also ask that you return the packaging where applicable. You can arrange collection of cancelled online orders by contacting us. Please have your order number and delivery receipt to hand. We will then arrange for a collection. You can also return product(s) to any Foy and Company store. You will need to take a copy of your Order Acknowledgment email, delivery receipt and the payment card with which you paid for the product(s).
For all online purchases returned after 14 days you are responsible for the cost of returning the product(s) unless the product is faulty or not as described, in which case we will refund any reasonable costs you incur in returning it to us.
If you are returning your product(s) because they are faulty or incorrect, no collection fee will be charged. We will make any refund due to you as soon as possible and within the following timelines:
- If you have received the product(s) and we have agreed not to collect them from you, 14 days after the day on which we receive the product(s) back from you (or if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product(s) back to us; or
- If you have not received the product(s) or you have received them and we have agreed to collect them from you, 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the contract.
You agree to take reasonable care of the product(s) from the time that they are delivered to you until the time that they are returned.
Collection of items
Collection of the product(s) will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered and will be subject to the following:
- You agree to provide Foy and Company Shop Online with as much detail as possible of relevant features of the delivery address (which floor the items are to be collected from, whether there are any narrow doors etc) in order to help our representative prepare for the collection;
- You agree to ensure that there is suitable access to the chosen collection location;
- If our representative reasonably considers that collection from the room of your choice is likely to cause damage to the product or to your property, they will inform you and record this concern on the collection document. You may instruct our representative to collect the product in spite of such concern but we will not be liable for any damage caused to your property or to the product as a consequence of us attempting collection on your instructions (provided that reasonable care is taken in collecting the product);
- You agree to give our representative all products which are being returned, including all component parts of such products and all related items or accessories (and if possible the original packaging) which are included in the price of the products being returned;
- A collection document must be signed by you to confirm that the collection has taken place. The collection document will be provided by the representative who comes to collect your products;
- If you are not personally available to accept collection of the products you may appoint a representative to do so on your behalf. The representative must be an adult capable of supervising collection on your behalf, and you agree that we will be entitled to rely on the representative’s instructions as if they were your own.
Our entire liability to you under these general terms and conditions and returns policy shall not exceed the price paid for the goods you have purchased through Foy and Company, provided that we take reasonable care when we deliver the goods to you. We will not be liable to you for any loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, for any injury to your reputation or for any losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by both of us at the time your purchase is made or your order is accepted.
Despite the limitations in paragraphs above, we do not in any way limit our liability to you for death, personal injury or fraud.
Where you buy as a consumer, these general terms and conditions and the returns policy will not affect your rights under law which cannot be otherwise excluded. For more information contact your local Citizens Information Centre.
General terms relating to our relationship with you If you would like more information about Foy and Company, or want to get in touch with us, please contact us or contact Foy and Company Customer Care on +353 (0) 74 9134444.
If you breach these terms and conditions or the returns policy and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these terms and conditions or returns policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and any future amendments or subsequent legislation, Foy and Company Limited is the “Data Controller”.
In the unlikely event that our Customer Service team are unable to resolve your complaint, and you are still not satisfied following the conclusion of our complaints handling procedure, you may refer your complaint to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission which maintains a list of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) entities. We will engage in this process in good faith with you as required. Alternatively, if your complaint is regarding products or services purchased from foys.ie and you are not satisfied with the resolution we have provided, the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Please note that, following submission of your complaint on the EU platform, you will be directed to a listed ADR entity.
These terms are governed by Irish law and you and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights. To find out more information contact your local Citizens Information Centre (http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/).